Exercise # 32

PRACTICE QUESTIONS
Exercise # 32

Q1.  When lamotrigine is added to valproic acid,
a. Reduce lamotrigene dose
b. Increase VA dose
c. There is no need to change dose of both drugs
d. Add probenecid along with this combination

Q2.  Parkinson's disease is mainly due to
a. Depigmentation of neurons in substantia nigra
b. Depigmentation of neurons in basal ganglia
c. Loss of dopaminergic input to basal ganglia
d. a & b
e. a & c 

Q3.  Which area is responsible for initiating, sequencing, modulating motor activity?
a. Basal ganglia
b. Extrapiramidal system
c. Substantia nigra
d. a & b
e. a, b, & c

Q4.  Which of the following drugs can cause Parkinson's disease/
I. Phenothiazines
II. Butyrophenones
III.Reserpine

a. I Only
b. III Only
c. I & II only
d. II & III only
e. All

Q5.  Which of the following infectious diseases can cause Parkinson's disease?
I. Viral Encephalitis
II. Syphilis
III.Gonorrhea

a. I Only
b. III Only
c. I & II only
d. II & III only
e. All

Q6.  Dyskinesia/Dystonia are
a. oral facial movements
b. grimacing
c. jurky or writhing movements of the trunk and extremities
d. all of the above

Q7.  Anticholinergics should be used with caution in patients suffering from
a. Obstructive GI or GU tracts
b. Narrow angle glaucoma
c. Severe cardiac disease
d. All of the above

Q8.  A patient using ipratropium spray for COPD calls the pharmacy and says that by mistake he sprayed it into the eye. What could happen?
a. His IOP may increase
b. His IOP may decrease
c. He might experience Constricted eyes
d. He might have profuse lacrimation.
e. b,c,d only

Q9.  Patient using anticholinergic drug, will have which of the following side effects?
I. Decreased tolerance to heat
II. Decreased sweating
III. Increased IOP
a. I Only
b. III Only
c. I & II only
d. II & III only
e. All

Q10. With respect to gender, depression is more in
a. Men
b. Women
c. common in both
d. Only in widow's

New Exercise will come very soon.  Keep in touch with the website.


2 comments:

  1. Thanks a lot guys this really awesome idea that make me happy and got much knowledge regarding the pharmacy exam. just I have a suggestion if you can guys do like a MOCK test online with exact time such as the real exam.
    I really appreciate your work, I wonder how I can thank you, nothing rather than keep going guys I am with you.

    Sincerely,

    Issa

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have no words for this great piece of information about MCCEE. I really like it. Thanks for sharing. I really appreciate your work, I wonder how I can thank you, nothing rather than keep going guys I am with you.

    ReplyDelete