Exercise # 34

PRACTICE QUESTIONS
Exercise # 34

Q1.  Amantidine causes a diffuse rose color mottling of skin which is known as
a. Erythema multiforme
b. Tinea versicolor
c. Livedo reticularis
d. "Rainbow" coloritis

Q2.  The advantage of Ropinirole/Pramipexole are
a. They have a low potential for motor fluctuations & Dyskinesia
b. When they are given in combination to L Dopa, the latter's dose can be reduced by 27%
c. They are faster acting than any other drugs
d. a & b only.

Q3.  Addition of a COMT inhibitor has what effect on the T1/2 of levodopa?
a. T1/2 cannot be altered, so there will be no change
b. T1/2 is doubled.
c. T1/2 is reduced by 35%.
d. T1/2 is increase by 40 to 50%

Q4.  The combination of L Dopa & Carbidopa is an example of
a. Addition (ex Smx/Tmp)
b. Synergism (ex Penicillin & Aminoglycoside)
c. Potentiation
d. Facilitation

Q5.  With regards to COMT inhibitors with of the following are true?
I. Tolcapone is a central & peripheral inhibitor
II. Tolcapone can cause liver toxicity and rabhdomyolysis
III. Entacapone acts only peripherally

a. I Only
b. III Only
c. I & II only
d. II & III only
e. All

Q6.  Which of the following drugs is indicated as adjunct to carbidopa/levodopa therapy?
a. Pramipexole (can be given as monotherapy)
b. Bromocriptine (adjunct to L – Dopa)
c. Amantadine (adjunct to L - Dopa)
d. Tolcapone

Q7.  Which of the following NT have been believed to cause schizophrenia?
I. Dopamine
II. Serotonin
III.Glutamine

a. I Only
b. III Only
c. I & II only
d. II & III only
e. All

Q8.  Which of the following NT modulates Dopamine activity?
a. 5 HT
b. NE
c. Glutamine
d. Epinephrine
e. GABA

Q9.  Schizophrenia is diagnosed using
a. DSM – IV – TR
b. SMS – IV – TR
c. DSM – III – TR
d. none of the above


Q10.  Which is the fastest acting antiparkinsons drug?
a. Levodopa when given with carbidopa
b. Amantidine
c. Bromocriptine
d. Pramipexole

New Exercise will come very soon.  Keep in touch with the website.


1 comment:

  1. Very interesting article. I have no words for this great piece of information about MCCEE. I really like it. Thanks for sharing. I really appreciate your work, I wonder how I can thank you, nothing rather than keep going guys I am with you. Have a blessed day.

    ReplyDelete